Iguazu Falls and the END!


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a great weekend in Florianopolis we took our last ever bus to iguazu to see the falls. We spent our first day exploring the town and wierdly managed to get a local bus to another country.. Paraguay! It was a crazy place full of market stalls selling all sorts of junk.. unfortunately it rained all day long and we drowned in the process of finding our hostel on the way home..it only took us 3 buses to get back. luckily for us though the weather was on our side the next day, perfect to see the brazilian side of the falls which were amazing! we walked along the trail stopping at different platforms along the way each showing the waterfalls from a different angle. we saw a panoramic view of the falls and as the sun was shining we even got to see a rainbow which made it even more beautiful...The next day we crossed the border back over to Argentina to see the falls from this side. We had heard that this was the better side and they were right! we got to see the falls much closer and even got soaked at one point. overall the falls were an amazing landmark to see, and definetly one of the best things we have seen on the trip!

So our final stop and it was back to Buenos Aires...where our adventures in South America first began. it was definetly wierd to come back to the same hostel we were in 4 months ago! only downfall...it is cold this time of year! we have spent our time here enjoying the sights we saw last time and this time taking dilly with us. we spent our sunday not caring abour our budget anymore and buying local artesans in San Telmo market and spending another day doing pretty much the same thing in La Boca.

It is definetly sad times for me and mel going home...and i cant believe our journey has come to an end! we did it guys!! nothing broken, no valuables lost... met some amazing travellers on the way, saw some surreal things...and quitting my job was the best thing i ever did! H x

Only thing left to say is i hope we didnt bore or make you too jealous with our blog and hopefully, not in the too distant future I will be back on the road again with new stories to tell. This has been the best 6 months of my life and I will miss it lots. Thanks for sharing it with us! M x

M and H xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb