food and drink of Buenos Aires!


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
April 13th 2011
Published: April 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so day 3 and all is still good (easy to say in a bar with £3 happy hour, I know!). School is going well and we're picking up more Spanish. We are walking for about 4 hours a day so at least we are burning off some of the calories we are consuming!

Gordon has discovered choripan (chorizo sausage hot dog!) and I have discovered empanadas (little pasties). We have also found Freddo, an ice-cream shop round the corner from the school which does a small cone with one scoop for 90pence. So far we've tried raspberry, strawberry, banana split and toffee with maltesers! What flavour tomorrow?

We have booked to go to the Theatre tomorrow (Theatre Colon) no idea what we're seeing (something musical!) but at £6.50 each (cheapest tickets, other than the £1.50 ones which were standing!) am sure we'll enjoy!

We have to cross the widest avenue in the world to go to school (17 lanes of traffic) and it has made us convinced that we won't be driving or cycling in BA!!!!)

We are thinking of going to Uruguay for the weekend (as you do)

Finishing up at the bar and off for our supper (looked like chorizo and lentil stew!) with our £2 bottle of Argentinan malbec (our first wine!)

ps in the time I've done this, G has done his homework! That's not fair!! He will have to do next installment!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

me outside nice building!me outside nice building!
me outside nice building!

cant remember details!


13th April 2011
"our" bar!

Weight gain
Be careful my dear! Too much beer and chips and your limited wardrobe will be further limited. Tee hee!!
13th April 2011

food
Oh those empanadas look good... I think S.A. does all the food I love. Would be a bit of a nightmare for the figure. Do they do some lovely sort of doughnutty thing for dessert with chocolate too called churisco or something or am I thinking of Brazil??? More food photos please...
14th April 2011

hardening arteries
My goodness its a good job you've got two hours of walking to do, we can hear your arteries narrowing from here. Looks lovely, separate rooms could well catch on! I shall suggest to Stuart, he would be glad to escape my snoring and quilt thievery. Eve is very impressed with the food you are enjoying. Im sure G will suddenly snap into a snake hipped lounge dancer by the end of the year {not} take care, avoid the 17 lane road love Lill and all the hotchpotches x
14th April 2011

food
Jane, you are thinking of churros which I find too sweet (thankfully!) but Elsa did us sponge fingers in custard which was good!
14th April 2011

BA
Blimey that road sounds scary I'd stick with the walking if I were you! Have fun at the theatre today - we ought to have bets on what you ended up seeing! Hope you caught up with your homework!!
14th April 2011

I WANNA GO!
WOW it all looks amazing, and thats only the food and icecream!! Looks like you are both settling in really well Cant believe you are already there and G looks like he'll be cha cha chaing before we know it......oh and the tango!!! Have fun and keep us posted with more pics etc Mel x
14th April 2011

Looks like you are having fun! xx

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb