Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Buenos Aires - a cool city!

We arrived in Buenos Aires on 29th of April in the Morning.

Buenos Aires has a lot to offer and it never gets boring there. The city is really huge what makes you spend a lot of time travelling in local busses or the metros. The city is composed of several barrios (districts) that could be their own cities as well - from the point of size and their different styles as well. Further I was like spending hours and hours in the streets just watching what was going on - Street musicians, all other kind of street performances, a couple of really loud and intensive demonstrations, and so on, and so on...

Most of the old buildings are located in the centro (PLaza de Mayo, Casa Rosada, Congresso...) next to vivacious streets like calle florida. San Telmo is a very traditional Buenos Aires district - that shows a lot of what one partly might expect from BsAs. La Boca, named after the shape of the river in front of the district, is a colorful barrio in which rather poor people are living. However, the Caminito does not give one

this impression, but it is just a small touristy spot, that does not represent la Boca. Boca is also the home Barrio of the Bombonera - the Stadion of the well known and popular Boca Juniors - as I was really impressed by the "real" Boca (rather than by this "Caminito" I was more dissapointed of) I made a special blog entry named La Boca: Boca Juniors / Bombonera.

We actually lived in the disctrict Palermo. Located in a comfortable area not too far from the center and next to the nice district Soho and very popular with young travellers. By the way stayed in the Gecko Hostel which I can highly recommend, as it has a really cool style, nice facilities, a very friendly staff and a comfortable bar as well. Good place to meet people. Like the Kiwi Dave from New Zealand, we gave him a haircut at the first night 😉. By the way he then has been travelling on with us for some time and we had a lot of fun.

Actually most of the people in BsAs are really nice and friendly. Beside beeing passionate for things like football, they are open-minded and it was easy to get to know people living there and to talk more than just a few words with them.

Time was really running by incredibly fast. So after 10 really great days in Buenos Aires which I really enjoyed a lot, it was time to leave anyway. The next path was leading further north to the terrific Iguazu Falls.

Saludos, abrazos y besitos!








Additional photos below
Photos: 154, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Plaza de MayoPlaza de Mayo
Plaza de Mayo

Once again: In Argentina you must never forget that the Falkland Islands are Argentinian
Madres de Plaza del MayoMadres de Plaza del Mayo
Madres de Plaza del Mayo

weekly demonstration since more than 30 years for enlightenment of their dissapeared children
The famous balconyThe famous balcony
The famous balcony

wherefrom MAradona, Evita, Peron addressed the crowds


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb