13 Unlucky Lessons I Have Learnt In Chiang Mai December 9th 2006 1. I 'suck' at bartering
2. I have 'rip me off' written on my forehead
3. Planning is impossible
4. Dont eat strawberries that have been floating in a bucket of water at Doi Suthep!
5. Food poisoning is inevitable, regardless of how careful you think you are being!
6. Look around before thinking you just HAVE to have that item!
7. The road to Doi Suthep is windy and long - take travel ... read more
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy.... ... read more
"What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do - especially in other people's minds... When you're traveling, you are what you are, right there and then... People don't have your past to hold against you... There are no yesterdays on the road.."
NEXT TRIP: currently travelling through India for 7 weeks, dream trip for my 40th birthday!
Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things - air, sle... full info