Chennai (Madras) June 5th 2011 Chennai was not necessarily going to be a port of call. As I hadn't planned my route back to Mumbai, it felt as though I was steering down the barrel, with the train back to Mumbai (Bombay) having been booked out for the previous three months and flights not looking much better.
As Mumbai is on the opposite side of India this represented a problem and at one stage it seemed as if my best op ... read more
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai The Indus Valley civilization, one of the oldest in the world, dates back at least 5,000 years. Aryan tribes from the northwest invaded about 1500 B.C.; their merger with the earlier Dravidian inhabitants created the classical Indian culture. Arab in... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info