Backwaters May 25th 2011 Alappuzha was where I had arrived when I saw my first solid sign of the coming monsoon - it bucketed down. While taking shelter I met some medical students, two Englishmen and one Australian girl. I ended up spending the next 2-3 days with them on a house boat, floating around Kerala's backwaters.
We had wanted to go through the backwaters on one of the traditional houseboats which were man ... read more
Asia » India » Kerala » Alleppey The Indus Valley civilization, one of the oldest in the world, dates back at least 5,000 years. Aryan tribes from the northwest invaded about 1500 B.C.; their merger with the earlier Dravidian inhabitants created the classical Indian culture. Arab in... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info