Ljubljana - Carnaval time March 4th 2011 Ljubljana is a city I will never forget. I choose to come to Slovenia because they use the Euro and I thought I'd minimize my bank fees by taking out a much needed cash injection there. It turned out my bank run coincided with carnaval.
I had arranged couchsurfing again and this time was staying with a family on the outskirts of Ljubljana, a name I still can't pronounce!!!! The only thing I ca ... read more
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Ljubljana The Slovene lands were part of the Holy Roman Empire and Austria until 1918 when the Slovenes joined the Serbs and Croats in forming a new multinational state, renamed Yugoslavia in 1929. After World War II, Slovenia became a republic of the renewed ... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info