Sighisoara February 25th 2011 Sighisoara is a cool place. I spent the early morning avoiding the cold by attending a mass at a very nice Roman Orthodox church. I think that this was the first Roman Orthodox church mass that I sat through from beginning to end and it really was an interesting experience, as well as a toe thawing one.
After that I walked around for a bit and checked out what is a beautifully set city. Sighis ... read more
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Mures » Sighisoara The principalities of Wallachia and Moldavia - for centuries under the suzerainty of the Turkish Ottoman Empire - secured their autonomy in 1856; they united in 1859 and a few years later adopted the new name of Romania. The country gained recognitio... ... read more
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info