Day 14 – At Sea – Clock set forward one hour at 0200


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
December 19th 2012
Published: January 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Just a chill day. Winds are up to force six and the seas are getting rougher as we steam south in 8 to 10 foot swells. A lot of it has to do with our direction of travel now, which is steady on 140 degrees true, and we have averaged 21 knots (almost 25 MPH) since we left, which is humming right along for a tub this size. Worked out and laid in the sun. No sign of “Das Thong” today…. The sun is so close to us here (18 degrees south of the equator), we both put on SPF 60 sun block, and Steve still got burned after laying out a total about 45 minutes on front and back. Saw a great video of Machu Picchu (which literally means “Big Mountain”) today in preparation for our trip there. Highlight of the day was the last formal night dinner for this segment of the voyage, Captain’s farewell speech to those who will be leaving us at Santiago/Valparaiso, and steak and lobster dinner. We attended the “British Invasion” stage show to finish off the evening. We set the clock forward yet another hour tomorrow at 0200, so it will be another late sleep in – Hey, we’re on vacation. We are now two hours plus EST (-3 UTC) in the states, and the navigator informed us we have steamed about 6,700 miles since leaving San Francisco on December 5th. We hope all of our granddaughters are keeping track of our progress on the “Magic Map Boards” we made for them before we left home. We heard it is supposed to snowing like a bad dog in Pollock right now, which is a real laugh while suffering from a sun burn. Also drew a lucky number for our trip into Valparaiso on Saturday, so we will not have to hustle off the ship with the rest of the cattle.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb