June 13th 2011: Toronjero Jr goes to Sea


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
June 13th 2011
Published: June 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Volpaia Time: 19:10
Zulu Time: 13:10
02 43.33 N
132 10.68 W

Speed: 9.5 knots
Wind: 15.5 knots 142 T
Course: 230 T
Seas: 3-5 ft
Crew: Shay helming, Colby, Brett & Alix sleeping, Liz writing log, Cyrus writing

Comments:

Colby made fresh orange juice today with his Toronjero Jr Juicer that he bought in Mexico. When he brought that home to the boat in La Paz, Brooke took one look at it and banned it from the boat. "That thing is too big!" she exclaimed, "Where are you going to store that? What were you thinking when you bought it?" Colby told us what he was thinking in great detail. You see he had worked in a cafe where one of his daily tasks was to make gallons of fresh squeezed OJ with an inferior juicer. Apparently it was such an arduous task that it scarred him for life and when he saw the amazing Toronjero Juicer gleaming in all it's well made metalic glory in the Mexican hardware store window he forgot all about his cramped little bunk back on Volpaia and purchased it. It wasn't a minor investment for sea going sailor (costing more than $50) but he was obviously ecstatic about his purchase. We picked him up in town, grinning ear to ear, lovingly embracing the giant juicer in his arms. Needless to say, he snuck the apparatus on board (don't tell Brooke!) and now here in the middle of the pacific ocean we are all enjoying fresh squeezed OJ a la the lovely, sturdily made, Toronjero Juicer. These are the high lights to life after 10 days at sea. Simple pleasures.

Liz

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb