Homeward Bound We Wish We Were


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
August 22nd 2010
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Guangzhou to Beijing to Seoul to Atlanta to Tallahassee. I shudder at just the thought. 24 hours door to door best case possible, meaning no delays. Delta in the mix, as the last flight on the 9:41 p.m. to Tallahassee, which means definite delays. About three hours worth, as it turned out, first due to mechanical problems, then weather, then mechanical problems, then weather again (no just kidding about the last one). Two toddler boys. Do the math. Crazy antics on the flights and on the ground. Boys were actually pretty good on the long flight from Seoul to Atlanta, although, I suppose, it had to do with that they were pretty much sleeping except for the time spent eating. Bao did take a short break from these activities to watch the movie "Cars" without headset but still engaged nevertheless. So we were lulled into a false sense of calm that the boys were, surprisingly, excellent travelers until The Final Flight. Just after boarding, Jin began vocalization of his extreme displeasure at Delta's repeated delays for nearly the entire time, 50 of our 55 minutes in air, loudly and to no one in particular. So loudly, in fact, that the pilot actually approached me, sheepishly and red-faced, post-landing to express apology at the long wait. Clearly, Jin, though slight of stature, a mere 25 pounds in weight, has quite the intimidating lungs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

So Get So Get
So Get

Out of Here


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb