Samoa, a South Pacific dream


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific
November 22nd 2008
Published: December 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=_1OPcpDQssQ][youtube=yazpBJjg_As]
Virgin CoveVirgin CoveVirgin Cove

Marianne enjoing the beachlife
We are still traveling around the great Pacific ocean and really enjoying this part of the world.

After spending a reeeeeally relaxing week on the beautiful Bounty Island in Fiji, we continued “operation see-all-of-pacific” and jumped on a plane going to Samoa.

Due to stupid flight schedules in the Pacific we arrived in Samoa at 5 AM after being up all night!
Being really extreme tired, we hired a taxi to take us the 2 hour drive to Lalomanu beach. We slept the entire way…..
A good thing was, since we crossed the dateline, we “woke up” to the same Saturday again, making us enjoy this day 2 times in 2 days..kind of great since Saturdays are a feast day in most places around the Pacific!

The gorgeous Lalomanu beach is situated on the south east coast of Samoas main island Opulo.
We stayed at a really nice place called Litia Sini beach” resort”. Got a great deal, stay 7 nights, pay for 6 and all the meals are included in the price,niice!

The fales (open bungalows) are lined up along the gorgeous beach, and from the deck is just a short dash into the turquoise lagoon.
LalomanuLalomanuLalomanu

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all of you guys.

Great swimming and amazing place for snorkeling. A lot of beautiful multicolored corals and lots and lots of all sorts of fish. Best snorkeling so far!!!

Samoa has some of the most beautiful and enticing landscapes in the south pacific. Stunning beaches, paradisal waterfalls, rainforest, rugged sea cliffs, blowholes and lava flows.

It’s really hard to describe the beauty of this island, and so far this is absolutely our favorite place!

After 10 days of swimming, snorkeling, reading and extreme relaxing in the hammock, it was time to move on.

Spent one night in the capital, Apia, which has a mixture of old colonial architecture, dilapidated modernity and lots of noisy traffic, before taking the night boat over to American Samoa for a week ( next blog).

Back from American Samoa a week later, we again spent one day in Apia, exploring the streets, markets and restaurants, before heading down south to the picture perfect Virgin Cove.

Low season so we got a great deal(again hi hi), stay 3 nights pay for 2, and a free bottle of wine!! Yummy! Which we enjoyed during the traditional Samoan feast with good food, dancing and firestickshow.What
LalomanuLalomanuLalomanu

curios fish
a great way to spend the first night there.

Big, beautiful fales(bungalows) along the beach which is built with a minimal impact on the surrounding nature, having the best view over the sea, and just a little 3 meter “jump” and we’re swimming the crystalclear water you can only dream about, what more can we say,perfect!!.

Being a reeeally quiet place, the superhuge crabs running around everywhere, even in the toilet and in our fale was the only noise you could hear,specially at nighttime!! Great fun!

Spent the 3 days here swimming, snorkeling and relaxing before we had to catch the plain going to our next destination, which is Tonga.

That’s the place where we’re going to meet our good friend Øystein(again), and celebrate Christmas and new years!! The pacific way!!!

To all of our new & old friends, travel companions, party friends, best friends, weird “friends”, strange friends, people with money(send us a lot!), and of course to all of our family.

We wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a SUPER HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We are celebrating this Christmas stuff in the tropical paradise of Tonga in the Pacific Ocean. This
LalomanuLalomanuLalomanu

The great outdoor/indoor fales (bungalow) on the beach
is also the first place on earth to see a new day, niiice.



PS. Have a look at our videoes we made from this beautiful island (click the link underneath the text).



Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Beach stuff
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Marianne relaxing in between snorkeling
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Outside our fale Marianne is doing what she is best at: relaxing with a book (she read 5 books in 10 days!!!)
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

The percect beach with Nu'utele island in the back.
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Marianne is enjoying the nice sunset
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Samoan feast every saturday.
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Gecko
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Coconut crab wandering around in the dining area..ha ha..,quite big!!
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

The lokal shop, and pig still waiting being a dinner..
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Sunset view from our fale
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Sunrise
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Borre making a coffee,hotwiring the electricity with a wire wich was supposed to hold the roof together..,and fixing our hammock as well..ha ha
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Borre spent time drawing a lot on one of his many projects
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Marianne snorkeling
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Borre, the king of the beach!!
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Backside of the fales(bungalows)
LalomanuLalomanu
Lalomanu

Our great fale(bungalow)..Love this hut!!


8th February 2011
Lalomanu

Memories
Just visiting that beautiful island last month was amazing though I felt so sad about the Tsunami that hit our country Samoa. I miss this place.

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb