Queen Mary 2 Day 13-15


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Pacific » South China Se
March 28th 2014
Published: April 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

QM2 in South China SeaQM2 in South China SeaQM2 in South China Sea

Sunrise at sea is delightful
Queen Mary Day 13-15



These three days have been at sea with not much besides food, sleep, talks, and the odd performance.



We have seen a few islands, but it is amazing how many there are in the vicinity and we cannot see them.



The trip has taken us passed the Philippines and we are heading for Shanghai. There have been a greater number of shipping vessels in the area, and they have ranged in size from small fishing vessels to tankers and car freighters. Have also seen a few small “runabouts”.



One of the amazing sights relates to “flying fish”. They seem to be everywhere since we left the Queensland coast and they appear to “fly” for about 70 metres.



Some people have said they have seen dolphins and we have seen the odd fish.



Friday’s sunrise was a tad gloomy and the weather has not improved much. From about 3.00 p.m. the ship has been sounding the fog horn about every two minutes and when looking outside it is easy to realise why.









Goodnight


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

QM2 in South China SeaQM2 in South China Sea
QM2 in South China Sea

Fresh flowers in the Grand Lobby
QM2 in South China SeaQM2 in South China Sea
QM2 in South China Sea

Very interesting talks by the Capt of the last 747 to leave the old Hong Kong airport. Great raconteur.
QM2 in South China SeaQM2 in South China Sea
QM2 in South China Sea

Saw this mural almost every night as we headed back to stateroom after evening meal.


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb