Last day on Cruise


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Mediterranean
January 2nd 2010
Published: January 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Last full day on our fantastic cruise - arrive in Barcelona tomorrow morning at 5am and can disembark anytime from 5.30 - 9am. Looks like an early morning for all of us - at least we're independent and don't have to have bags ready for pick up by 10pm tonight.

We've been at sea yesterday and today and the day before that we spent at Iraklion (Crete) - what a great place for a holiday - we both absolutely loved it. We had the best time and will go back there again thats for sure! We had a great taxi driver which cost us $EU30 to go see more historical rocks and yet the cruise recommended a tour which would have cost us around $EU180 each!! All the taxis here are the latest Mercededs!!

Met some Aussies at a great Taverna there who said that it's party time every night there and the laid back atmosphere is beautiful also and some Spanish people and then found out they were on the cruise too - have had some fantastic weather everywhere we've been and it was 25 degs in Crete - not the European winter we expected!!

I met and interviewed a doctor this morning - he is one of the two cruise ship doctors and is coming to Australia - he was lovely and have photo of the two of us too.

Yesterday we went to 3 different shows - one for the talented guests on the ship in the afternoon and an early evening one was Shout - fantastic and then a staff show at 9.15 pm - it was great and one of the funniest shows we've seen on board.

I don't have much time left on here but the photos are of John by the Marina (Crete) while walking back to the ship. the moon on the Mediterranean Sea from our cabin, the band - which closed the main street in Iraklion - think it was to welcome JOhn and I .... maybe.... , Knossos and the Taverna.

Will be in Barcelona for the next 9 days or so before heading home so will update when we can from there - be good and take care - love we 2 xxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



3rd January 2010

Look out Barcelona...they're back
What a great finale to the cruise ,Iraklion sounds wonderful then the three onboard shows to finish it all off , just perfect. Now for that shopping spree in Barcelona, happy hunting, can't wait to hear what you buy. Interesting about the interview hope it all works out. Will love seeing all the photos later, the ones on here are all marvellous. Love always xxx

Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0945s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb