USA-Cruise-Europe-Day 24


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Mediterranean
April 30th 2009
Published: June 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 24



This was our last day at sea. The last three days had been quite hectic, so it was nice to have a rest day.

Today would see the ending of some of the competitions that had been running throughout the voyage.

At 10:30 there was Show on Disembarkation presented by Dru Pavlov (our Cruise Director) in the Solstice Theatre. Dru gave us all the information about leaving the ship on Monday 4th May. He also related to us his top tep of the silly things people say or do on a cruise.

After Dru's speeches, came the parade by crew from the Solstice & a emotional speech from Capatain Dimitrios Kafetzis, praising his staff & thanking all the passengers.







At the conclusion of the show, we had a walk around the ship. Went past the Casino & then the shops, where an eager shop assistant was on duty.







Went through Guest Relations & then passed by the Gym entrance.







The Ensemble Lounge on Deck 5 is where the Battle Of the Sexes was held for most of the voyage, but towards the end it was held in the Sky Lounge. At the Internet Lounge on Deck 6 you can sign up to use Internet in your cabin or just use the computers in the lounge.







With the weather now a bit warmer & the seas were smoother, the outside Pool was becoming popular again.







At 1:00 pm I particpated in a Movie Guess That Tune with two other ladies & we won (prize was a Celebrity Luggage Tag). Half an hour later I joined in the Final Battle of the Sexes Trivia. The boys won on the day, but overall for the cruise, the girls were the winners. All the participants received a small gift.

At 2:30 I went with Ruby to the Spanish & French Class for a last chance to learn those languages. Then at 03:30 there was also another Trivia competition in Quasar.







In the evening, it was time for our last Formal Dinner. We dressed up early so we could have some professional photo's taken.







During dinner, we had some group photo's taken with our waiters: Bianca, Rudolph & Christopher. Our waiters were the best, always doing a great job. Most nights, the head waiter, Christopher, did a magic trick before we left the dining room each evening.







After dinner we went out on the deck & bumped into the Cruise Director. We insisted that he join us for a group picture - another passenger passing by volunteered to take the photo. Afterwards, we went to the Photo Gallery where all the photo's taken during the cruise were displayed. After reviewing them for about 30 minutes, we finally decided on which ones we would purchase.







While we were looking at the photos, vocal group, Oceans four were singing down below in the Entertainment Court. Later on, we walked to the back of the ship to see the sunset.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb