ALL ABOARD


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Mediterranean » Tyrrhenian Sea
September 10th 2012
Published: September 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

KNUTE & BRUCIEKNUTE & BRUCIEKNUTE & BRUCIE

Admire the loot!
Sunday – Embarkation Day



After a leisurely breakfast at the hotel we taxied to the port and were on board and in our room before noon. There were balloons on the door and flowers in the room and a bottle on Champaign from our dear friends Bob and Beverly.

Our cabin location is very convenient, just steps from the elevator and stairs. We enjoyed lunch in the dining room with Jane & Dwayne (I kid you not) retired air force personal then wandered about the ship, checked out the gym, the pools and the buffet and when we got back to the cabin our suitcases were there. We were unpacked and settled in by 2:00.

The emergency drill is mandatory now and we were not dismissed until all cabins were accounted for. ANYONE who refuses to attend the drill will be escorted off the ship. We stood in the sun waiting for cabin 388 to show up. They were not the most popular people on board.

Afterward we headed to the aft pool and enjoyed a drink as we sailed out of port. Again there were four other ships besides the Ryndam. Two mega ships that are really ugly and look like floating condos and the elegant M/S Noordam. Yes, I am partial to the lovely design of the HAL ships. No wonder La Rambla was so crowded, a pickpockets dream come true.

A nap and dinner at eight and a stroll on deck (something I never do when I travel alone) and we were in for the night. Tomorrow Monte Carlo, Nice and Eze.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.362s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb