Update on our Travels


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Caribbean
March 20th 2009
Published: March 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well on arrival in St Kitts we had a look around the Town and then decided we would negotiate with the local taxi drivers to get an open sided bus to do a short tour of the highlights of the island and then go to a beach.
We found Michael, a big local who had huge elton john type glasses in yellow and a yellow wig, with a bus called the 'big banana'. We agreed a price and this included a drink of the local rum and coke and set off.
Guys and gals, those of you who have kids with the big speaker syestems in the cars (Jacki you spring to mind with Michael) have nothing compared to the sub woofer and sound system on this. Joyce had to move seats as she couldn't breath because of the air that was moved by the sound system! We had reggae music bellowing out as we toured the island drinking the local rum! Michael had a horn on the bus that when pressed (which he did very often) played Colonel Bogey! What a day! We then found out about another local dink called SCR with a 'ting' that we asked him to get and he obliged. We went to the beach in a very happy mood!!!!
From here we went on to Tortolla, where we went to the local beach. This was very conservative compared to the previous two islands we had visited, but very nice.
Yesterday we went to a private island called Catalina, just off the Dominican Republic. The ship takes the staff ashore and we had a BBQ drinks and an all round good day.
However, Kevin went swimming around the rocks and was stung by a Jelly Fish. They treated him on the beach for this but when his symptoms worsend he came back to the medical room on the ship. He suffered an anaphaleptic reaction and was in a real state. Numerous drugs and oxygen was administered to try and deal with this. Eventually by the end of the day they had him stabilised and he was released. This experience cost him about £700 on his travel insurance!
There appears to be no long lasting effects from this as he is just as poor at Poker in the casino as he was before!!!
Today has been a day at sea and packing the cases for our arrival (and departure) from Montego Bay in Jamaica tomorrow.
It has been a brilliant two weeks and passed very quickly. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

The gang.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb