Bobbie's Birthday celebration


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic
May 6th 2013
Published: May 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Got up late, lost another hour. We had our latte and croissants out on the balcony with pjs and a robe on...it's chilly! We went up at 11:20 and got an egg, toast and oj. We saw Bobbie and Annie and they had just gotten up. Breakfast was over so they got fruit and a roll. The weather is pretty foggy-kind of like pea soup. Ken walked on the outside deck 7 and slipped a few times, cut his thumb catching himself. He won't try that again; there is a full gym upstairs. We spent most of the day reading. We skipped lunch since we are going to the Crown Grill to celebrate Bobbie's birthday. We had a wonderful dinner; our table was next to a window looking out at the sea. Our choices: Appetizer: Grilled prawns with papaya on paper thin potatoes, sea scallops wrapped in bacon. Soup/salad: Black and blue onion soup ( cooked with Kentucky bourbon and topped with crusty Roquefort), spinach salad with goat cheese and heirloom tomatoes. Main course: filet mignon, ribeye, lamp chops and lobster tails; Sides: scalloped potatoes, sautéed wild mushrooms, corn casserole, grilled asparagus, creamed spinach and baked potatoes. Dessert: wild berry and apple tart with honey vanilla ice cream, lemon tart, warm chocolate molten cake with vanilla ice cream. We had a wonderful dinner. Annie and Bobbie are so enjoyable to be with!

Annie and I went to the show: dancers and singers; it was pretty good. The guy next to Annie stunk so bad; I wasn't sure she could smell him because I know I have an extremely heightened sense of smell. I look over at her during the show and she has her hand up to her nostrils. I said, "Annie, does that guy next to you stink?" She said YES! I took some hand lotion out and we put some on our nostrils. Come on people, take a shower! Then the show had a lot of the smoke used for effect and we were so close, it was kind of choking us!

After the show we stopped to see the guys; they had gone to the 'Churchill' to hopefully watch sports. No such luck. The satellite has had no sports since the 2nd day. Princess keeps saying they are working on it!

Annie and I went back to our rooms and the guys 'came home' about 30 minutes later. Have to finish my book- it's so good!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0927s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1003.6kb