Home Waters


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » North Sea
August 20th 2012
Published: August 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Coming out of LittlehamptonComing out of LittlehamptonComing out of Littlehampton

Thank you Alison (especially for the extra 0.1 knot from trimming the sails!)
Shoreham, Littlehampton, Eastbourne, Ramsgate, then out of the Channel at last to Essex and the sheltered waters of the river Colne. This is where I learned to sail and where the sun has at last come with us. No three metre rollers here, no shipping lanes. Crews 2 and 3 have been and gone. Thank you Alison for a hundred miles; thank you Jeff for taking the plunge (your first sail and our first dunk off the back of the boat). Now we are simply the two of us again and Brightlingsea is our kind of place.

This morning we took the water taxi from the pontoon to town and did the shopping in an old fashioned high street - fishmonger, green grocer, baker. I got a haircut too - we've been away a while.

This week we'll go exploring the creeks and rivers. There is no rush, we don't need to get anywhere in particular, we don't need to keep the knots up to make it to the next port. We can drift at a sail's pace.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Jeff goes sailing...Jeff goes sailing...
Jeff goes sailing...

'Perilous shallows, where?'


27th August 2012

27th August
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb