Apia, the capitol of Western Samoa.


Advertisement
Samoa's flag
Oceania » Samoa » Upolu » Apia
February 6th 2009
Published: February 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Somoa


This is the place for another pin in the map. A little dot in the middle of hundreds of miles of the Pacific Ocean. It is most famous as the place where the famous author, Robert Louis Stevenson lived for the last 5 years of his life. He authored the book, Treasure Island. He moved here late in life because he had tuberculosis and felt the climate would be favorable. He and his wife died here and are buried here. His house is now a museum and is one of the main tourist attractions. That alone should give you an idea of how little of importance there is to see in Samoa. We arrived here at noon and leave again at 6:00 P.M. We are now 6 hours behind you time wise, so when we leave here at 6P.M., it will be midnight Friday in Naples and Columbus and Saturday morning when you read this. I am going to try and include a photo of the Queen Victoria from our taxi in Apia and a picture taken from our balcony at the dock of all the busses lined up waiting for the tours of Apia to start. Our next stop will be the kingdom of Tonga, another little dot in the Pacific Ocean. However, tomorrow, I will send another travelblog which will be a geography lesson.

Love and kisses to all of you. Granddaddy and Granny Lynne

Please click on the links below for the tracking map, the Queen Victoria Bridge webcam and the Queen Victoria tracking map.

Chuck and Lynne's Satellite Tracking Map

Webcam on the Bridge of the Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria GPS Tracking Map


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb