Northern Mariana Islands
Background: Under US administration as part of the UN Trust Territory of the Pacific, the people of the Northern Mariana Islands decided in the 1970s not to seek independence but instead to forge closer links with the US. Negotiations for territorial status began in 1972. A covenant to establish a commonwealth in political union with the US was approved in 1975. A new government and constitution went into effect in 1978.
Photos from Northern Mariana Islands
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Northern Mariana Islands
Latest Blogs from Northern Mariana Islands
- March 30th 2012 Australia
by Words: 269 Photos: 0
- March 15th 2012 Saipan - sort of
by Words: 511 Photos: 0
- March 14th 2012 The Marianas Islands
by Words: 406 Photos: 0
- March 4th 2011 Saipan adventures
by Words: 773 Photos: 12
- March 1st 2009 Saipan
by Words: 278 Photos: 0
- March 20th 2008 Saipan
by Words: 958 Photos: 0
- March 19th 2008 Saipan
by Words: 534 Photos: 0
- March 19th 2008 Saipan continued
by Words: 669 Photos: 0
- February 13th 2008 ugh...
by Words: 86 Photos: 0
- November 24th 2007 a storm's a-brewin'
by Words: 1058 Photos: 0
- October 11th 2007 pep rally
by Words: 326 Photos: 0
- October 7th 2007 being a tourist for the day
by Words: 75 Photos: 0
- October 6th 2007 hooray for columbus!
by Words: 802 Photos: 0
- September 24th 2007 new aspects of my life
by Words: 598 Photos: 0
- September 21st 2007 it's already been two months?!?!?!?!
by Words: 849 Photos: 0
- September 9th 2007 lazy sunday afternoon
by Words: 471 Photos: 0
- September 2nd 2007 photos
by Words: 34 Photos: 0