Skiing


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day the boys have been waiting for! SNOW

We discovered the ski field we were heading for had decided to close for 2 days following the NZ school holidays NOT HAPPY JAN………nothing on the website only heard by word of mouth, so we decided to brave Mt Dobson. WE had heard the drive up was a bit precarious but we braved it…. Hairy wasn’t the word for it imagine windy skiddy road with STEEP drops off the side………….insurance doesn’t cover rolling off a cliff.
Then just to make matters worse the chains supplied by APOLLO DIDN’T FIT! Word to the wise don’t; just get them to show you how to fit them GETH THEM TO FIT the chains the give you not just show you on a pretend wheel. WE made it up with one chain on. Now getting down was even worse but with a very slow trip in 1st gear (and lots of prayer!)we made it down .

Anyway the bit in between was great. Mt Dobson is a family owned field very simple no fancy stuff but exceptionally friendly staff, skis fitted by the guy who owns the Mountain, and today no crowds, go up
Jeremy uprightJeremy uprightJeremy upright

not for long...........
ski down and do it again without a wait! I didn’t even fall over once!

Now the boys thought snow boarding would be easy and sent the4 day learning how to fall over safely and tomorrow they want to ski! Jeremy stayed on his feet a few times and on the whole we all ad fun. We were going to relax in the hot tubs but ran out of time so maybe tomorrow .

We just have to decide whether to go skiing again as we were worried bout the van coming back down (it didn’t like first) and a huge storm is brewing so who knows where we will end up next. I would like to ski more than half a day though as I think my muscles might be stronger tomorrow.


Advertisement



23rd July 2008

Looks like fun
Hey there! Sounds like you are all having a wonderful time - scrapping all this is going to be awesome fun. I had the best time scrapping an album for Charlotte from our ski trip. Maybe you will get some ideas from me!!!

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb