Wanaka


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
December 12th 2013
Published: December 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This morning we were up and out to head to the bungee site at Kawarau Bridge. This was the first commercial bungee site in the world that opened in 1988, and was a 43 metre drop. It definitely didn't float my boat, nor Laura's , and as Gareth and Michelle did it when they were here 2 years ago, Daryl and Rhyd decided someone had to do it. It was a great facility, with a big screen in the cafe/shop area so you could watch each person hovering on the edge of the bridge before diving in.

The boys paid their money and had the big weigh before heading down to bungee. The viewing area was great, and it was good to watch everyone pluck up the courage-some of the girls were so nervous but still went ahead tentatively-some even had a slight nudge to get them over the edge, not the boys though who probably would have taken a run up if they could of. Rhyd went first, soon followed by Daryl who both seemed unfazed by the whole event and made it seem like they jump off bridges every day.

Den and us girls went on the zip wire which was good fun, it was a shame Reuben was too young to go on anything-he would probably have done the bungee if he could.

Back in the vans we headed to Lake Wanaka, with a couple of stop offs en route. The weather was a bit grey and overcast today, so we went to an indoor climbing place for a couple of hours which was good fun, before getting a bite to eat in town. Back at the vans, me and Lau had a chill out and read our books (maybe had a little power nap) whilst the boys kept Reuben entertained playing a bit of touch rugby. Jan and Den stayed in our van for a couple of drinks to play the movie quiz game that has been ongoing since we got here. I'd brought the 'Now thats what I call movies' cd, and Daryl had decided that we needed to name the song, the artist, the film and now the year. I was in stitches at the bickering this caused, and at some of the clues being given: "that boy needs a mother" Jan straight away guessing Robbie Williams, and Den trying to guess which film Unchained Melody was " that film about a man who was a ghost-what was it called?!" I'm su by the end of this holiday we will all know each movie soundtrack off by heart and be signing it in our sleep. Speaking of which it wasn't long before we bed was calling again, so we drifted off.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



18th December 2013

Loving it!
I love this travel blog em been reading it on my lunch break chuckling at the desk. Love the little Denzel stories. Can't wait for the next installment xx

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb