New Zealand - South Island Pt. 2


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
July 14th 2009
Published: July 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On the Sunday (still in Queenstown) we headed up Coronet Mountain to watch the finals of the Winter Festival for skiing and snowboarding which had been taking place in Queenstown over the last 10 days. However, when we got up there we saw one guy come down the mountain (and fall off) then they announced it had finished! Turns out we got there a bit late... so that was a waste of money but hey first time I'm been on a ski resort. The next day we did the Milford Sound day trip, a full 12hr trip from Queenstown into a picturesque fjord. We were really lucky with the weather and got some awesome views. We stoped to take pics at the mirror lakes and glacial valley on the way before doing a 2 hour boat cruise round the fjord looking at the scenery and waterfalls. We also had dolphins swimming along side us at one point! Went to the underwater observatory at one point as well. The next day (7th July) was my last day in Queenstown, didn't do much during the day, then went for a big night out. Some people had also done their bungy that day, so were pretty happy to still be alive! It was pretty sad leaving everyone, had made some good friends during my kiwi experince, like Antony, Hannah and Ellie to name few, who I'd been with all the way from Auckland.

The next day (8th July) it was the long 9 hour hungover drive to Christchurch, again with great scenery on the way, we stoped at Lake Pukaki to a picture of the most photographed church in the world, it's not really cos of the church (Gargrave church is more impressive) but the backdrop to which it is set. I was in Christchurch for 2 nights, it was ok, it's very English in nature and architecture, went to the museum and art gallery (mainly cos they were free) with Alex and Emma and wandered around town for a bit. But it seemed rubbish compared to Queenstown as there was hardly anyone around that I knew. Anyway next it was on to Singapore for 2 nights, well supposedly anyway...




Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb