Queenstown and Milford Sound, NZ


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
January 13th 2009
Published: January 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Waterslide Steven 7 secs
2: Waterslide Val 9 secs
3: Rappelling Em 10 secs
4: jump! 10 secs
We spent a few days in Queenstown, appropriately nicknamed the adventure capital of the world. People come here to do all kinds of crazy sh*t. When I got in, I was in a shared dorm for the first night, and my roommates immediately showed me their videos of their 134m bungee jump from earlier that afternoon. Insane! It's supposedly the 2nd highest bungee in the world. And then they were going skydiving the next day. My friend Val and her coworker Steve got in the next morning and we took it easy our first day, went to go see some kiwi birds, walked around town, and got some drinks. We weren't too keen on throwing ourselves out of planes, but we did go jumping, sliding, and rappelling down gorges. It's called canyoning, and it's crazy fun! We took the half day trip to the 12 Mile Delta and got into wetsuits and helmets. There was one pretty sick rockslide and some fun jumps, but it kind of left me wanting more. Val on the other hand was none too pleased with the activities of the day so our mission was to get her good and trashed later that evening and I think it was a success. We also took a trip out to Milford Sound where we cruised around the fjords for a few hours. It was a bright sunny day which made being out on the boat more enjoyable, but we were told a rainy day actually makes the fjords stand out more with the waterfalls and all. Before we left Queenstown we took the gondola up to the top of a hill overlooking the pretty little city in the mountains. They had this "luge" track another ski lift ride up the hill, but it was more of a go-kart type thing which was good for some cheap thrills. Never a dull moment in Queenstown! I think the pics and videos kind of say it all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb