Queenstown danger freak city


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 17th 2007
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Its another beautiful day in NZ, we munched our cereal and headed about 7km out of town to the Shotover River for a go at the Jetboats, we put on the plastic cover all and our life jackets and stood in the sun for ten minutes or so roasting.

We ended up in the middle of the boat which seemed the best spot to sit to avoid being drenched then after a few minutes we were off, and man what a ride. Sliding up against the walls of the gorges, bumping over sand banks and bouncing over rapids was exhilarating but it was the spins that were brilliant. I think it only went for about half an hour, the 360 degree spins were incredible and this must be one of the highlights of the trip.

We spent another hour or so wandering around Queenstown before heading of to Te Anau (the base for Milford Sound), Te Anau sits on New Zealands 2nd largest lake after Taupo. Had a pizza and a few beers and just had a look at the town before heading back to our hotel which is pretty good.

We leave at 6am for the two hour drive to Milford.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb