Queening It Up In Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
November 19th 2006
Published: November 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Just getting ready to leave Queenstown! We've been here a few days now and we've been having so much fun. The drive down from Franz Josef was amazing, its just so scenic over here and Queenstown itself is gorgous (its set on this amazing clear blue lake surrounded by snow capped mountains) but despite the amazing views the best part of the journey down was our stop off at Puzzel World where they had the coolest anti-gravity room where you kept nearly falling and a big 3D maze that took about an hour to complete.

We've been going out quite a lot here coz its the liveliest place we've been in ages. On Fri we left the two lads at home and had a big girlie night out. One of the night clubs had a drinks promo on and we were drinking glasses champagne for the equivilant of one euro fifty. After getting the taste for the bubbly we decided to invest in our own version (sparkling wine) and enjoyed it in our travel mugs in our free hot tub...and you thought backpacking was roughing it?!

We will however have to cut out the luxuries soon enough coz it turns out flights from Christchurch to Aukland are more expensive than predicted meaning we've got one hell of a drive (and a ferry ride) ahead of us. It does however give us the chance to see a few more places that we never got around to (including Marlborough Norman...I think its there you mean coz as nice and all as Nelson was it wasn't THAT great) and it means staying in Wellington again which gives me a second chance at trying to organise a tour to their Parliment. The others all threw themselves off canyon's yesterday!! Weather's gorgous at the moment, hope it stays like this for a while...it's crap camping in the rain!

Hope alls well at home, message me any news!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb