Able Tasman By Sea


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Picton
April 15th 2011
Published: May 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So yet another adventure and one more thing to check off my bucket list. This time it was a three day sea kayaking adventure throught the Able Tasnam national park. The adventure was filled with crystal clear ocean watters and golden beaches. There was also a whole array of birdlife, seals and manta rays for your viewing plrasure. The highlight of this trip was definatly paddleing upto the seal colony and being surrounded be numorus baby seals, jumping and playing all around us. They really are the dogs of the ocean. so playful and loving.
The trip started out with a one hour paddle to fishermans island where I enjoied a nice swim and beautiful walk throught the woods. Then some more paddling to north where we found a beautiful gloden beach for lunch and another quick swim. The ocean was filled with life we found hermit crabs, jelly fish, star fish and so much more. The shore was either lined with beach or rocky shores. On the rocky shores there were an array of cave for exploring. Somethign that could only have been seen with a kayak.
Then it was time to say goodbuy to New Zealand, it was an epic journey all together and I can say with a great degree of certanty that I know whay it is like to travel the south island of NZ. There are not too many places on the map I didn't go, form hostels, to camping, treaking, surfing, kayaking, and so much more. I will always remember the time spent there. The people were wonderful and the land was amazing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.423s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.2797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb