New Zealanders are Wonderful


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Central Otago
January 19th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,

We stopped twice on the way to Christchurch from Milford Sound. In Cromwell, we stayed in a Motel. It was wonderful. A whole kitchenette to ourselves. The next day we were hiking a around in a historic mining field and we talked to a family from New Zealand about the plants and animals. When we got to the top of the trail we took a different way down and were very far from our car and we walked and walked and walked. But this family came to our rescure and gave us a ride to our car. They saw we had gone the wrong way. It was so great of them. I can't thank them enough. We liked Cromwell, it is the wine and fruit growing area. We were able to find some RIPE peaches. Not many tourists. The other place we stopped and stayed overnight was on a working farm near Omarama. It was a large farm and we had a nice room with a view and even roses in our room. The farmer who was nice complained a lot about the government regulations and lack of subsidies for farm crops. Remind you of anything? The area we drove through was in the center of the South Island. It is very hilly or small mountains and valleys, looks like Wyoming or Nevada. Also arid and they use a lot of irrigation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

LavenderLavender
Lavender

Plants grow well here
Rental busRental bus
Rental bus

Remind you of anything?


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb