Nelson - and then goodbye to the South Island!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
July 8th 2009
Published: July 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A 3 hour drive later and we arrived in Nelson, booking in to the Tahuna Beach Holiday Park.
Nelson has a nice town centre and we has a stroll around the Saturday markets where we just had to indulge in a bun with our flask of tea! We then took a longer stroll around the Nelson Lakes National Park, enjoying the views of the lake and the sunshine, which was a welcome change from the cold and wet weather we had been experiencing.
We had a night out in Nelson, ending up at the Little Rock club, which by all accounts, appears to be the only club in Nelson, but although it was a bit cheesy and dated, we drank and shook our booties with the locals before indulging in what was probably the worst burger/ chicken we have ever eaten from a greasy burger stand.
The following day, although feeling a bit worse for wear, we hauled our weary bods around the Abel Tasman National Park and chanced upon a few hidden sandy bays, which we would have enjoyed more had the weather been more conducive. Yes, back to the cold and wet, and more to come in the North Island, if the weather reports were anything to go by. Great.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb