The Milford Sound Trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
May 26th 2011
Published: May 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The last week in Queenstown was definitely an adventurous one. The week included a couple of casino nights, another intense hockey game in the rink and the highlight of the week was definitely the trip to Milford Sound.

Jon and I joined two of our roommates (Joe and Des) on a road trip down the windy roads to take a cruise around the Milford Sound area. During the car ride down we played lots of typical car games and took our time getting there to spend the night stopping on the side of the road jumping around for photos before the cruise in the morning. The hostel we stayed at was called “the Lodge” which was a quiet peaceful place until we arrived. We took over the lounge playing cranium and made the most delicious nachos ever! We had a great time at the hostel that night – Des and Joe are hilarious and the four of us didn’t stop laughing the whole trip. The sun was shinning on both the drive down and back however it poured over night and was extremely cloudy for the entire boat ride. The highlight of the cruise would have to be us standing on the front of the boat as we headed towards this one waterfall. The Captain warned everyone they would get wet but we didn’t realize exactly what he meant as we drove right through the waterfall I am sure that everyone inside the boat had a good laugh at us dodging the waterfall in our raincoats. There was also this hilarious tunnel that we had to drive through to get to Milford it was so narrow and buses were just flying through.

My last night in Queenstown we made a great chicken stir fry and cheers to the end of an amazing run in this beautiful city it also happened to be ginger night at Buffalo club. The hostel all joined in some beer pong and flip cup before heading out on the town to claim a ginger lover t-shirt – the brightest orange t-shirt in the world. It was a fantastic night and since I had to be up to get ready for the airport at 6:30 a group of us decided it would be smart to just stay awake until I left….I am sitting at the airport now on zero sleep let me tell you that was not a good idea. Also just found out my direct flight was cancelled and now I get to take three flights around NZ and Auz to end up in Melbourne around midnight but who needs sleep! I am off to visit Kendra and Alicia in Melbourne for a week and then I will meet up with Jon for our flight back home to Canada eh!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb