stunning NZ!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Wakatipu
February 17th 2010
Published: February 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We are currently in New Zealand and loving it but I will fill you in on the last few weeks. We went up to Cape Tribulation which is at the very north of Australia on the west coast. The weather was stil crap with the last of the cyclones bad weather passing by but we stayed in a beautiful little log cabin in the rain forrest....its the only place where the rainforrest meets the beach. We had planned to do some kayacking here but the weather was too bad so we went on a very long walk to a beautiful lagoon which flows into a river this part you couldnt swim in because of the crocs but we still went in the lagoon which we were assured was safe. We went on a cruise on the daintree river looking for crocs we saw a small one and lots of snakes.

From Cairns we flew to Adelaide to see our long lost friend james. It was brilliant seeing him again and meeting his family we spent lots of long nights drinking in the pool and catching up. Adelaide is a huge town that just seems to goon and on but does have the vineyards so we went for a trip through the bush to Jacobs creek for some wine tasting we even purchased some pink champagne for valentines day and played the honeymoon card and got a discount....result!
Over all our time here was really relaxed we got to see a lot of country side all of which was stunning and so different from the green rainy east coast. Everywhere is so dry and bare we did a few trips with James and Leeanne his wife mainly involving food...like a chocolate factory and cheese tasting oh and something not involving food Granite island a beautiful little island where we watched a seal swimming around the jetty in all a good time was had here and we didnt want to leave but we had to start making our way back to Sydney.

We hired a car and drove to Melbourne from Adalaide along the Great Ocean Road. This drive was simply stunning and great to have our own transport. Along the way we stopped off and saw the great apostles and other cliff sights. Lee loved the drive because it was windy all along the coast and cliffs so not boring straights.

Once in Melboure I got very excited....the highlight of our trip....well nearly .....neighbours tour.
However wasnt quite as we had wanted. We couldnt go on the tour to the studios because that is on a weekend and it wasnt a weekend so we could only go to the street and meet an actor. When we arrived we were told that they were filming on the street....yay I might hear you say...oh no it means that all you see on the street is the end of it and lots of trucks filming...we saw a few of the actors from a distance all of which are new so we didnt know so sucks really not impressed. We then went on to meet one of the actors who was it I will tell you....Connor the bloody irish idiot who left years ago what a let down he smelt of beer and obviously has nothing better to do...so sorry gemma do declan.

We spent a few days in Melbourne and slept in the car to save money then flew to Sydney where we spent a whole day and night in the airport sleeping on the hard floor and being woken up at silly oclock and moved on because they were closing the airport I ask you who closes an airport?

And now we are in NewZealand and absolutly loving it. We have our own little camper for the month well not really a camper seeing as I am a vw girl but a converted people carrier with a cooker and fridge and back seats that turn into a bed. We flew into Christchurch and then drove across the middle of the south island to the westcoast to Greaymouth to see the pankake rocks refer to photos and now we are travelling down the coast along the bottom back up the christchurch and over to the noth island for the start of March.

At the moment we are staying in a beautifully remote campsite on a huge lake which is huge the scenery is how I would imagin Scotland to be lots of mountains and so tranquill. We spent the last few days at Franz Joseph and Fox Glasciers. I would never have believed that newzeland has such huge ice rocks. We would have loved to have gone ice trecking on them but it was so exspensive that we gave it a miss but they were still breathtaking from a distance.

Our plans for the next few weeks is to just relax and enjoy moving on under our own stream and enjoy the scenery. We have been going on jogs each night but last night was the most beautiful jog I have ever been on....doesnt say much as I usually jog round Chidham inlet but still. Jogging along the edge of a lake as still as glass with the pink sky behing as the sun sets over the mountains and the ducks quacking as you go by....it really doesnt get any better.

We do keep looking at each other as we sit by our camper drinking coffee my god we are my parents but I guess that isnt a bad thing we are just enjoying the country and being together for now.

Hope you are all well we do miss you all.

All our love as ever
xxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



17th February 2010

What was Conor doing there woooow! interesting don't worry about Declan he recently kissed Kate and I'm still a bit hurt from that!!lol Glad your still having a great time Alfie nearly said your name today! he is trying, oh and have started potty training which is going well! missing you loads love ya xxxxxxxxxx
20th February 2010

New Zealand
Hi Lee and Katy sounds like you are really enjoying yourselves. Getting jealous now hearing about all these lovely places and sunsets and jogging by the river. Tried to view the photos but can't find them......we are useless with computers. Has Lee done any off-roading in the camper van ? We have found a bungalow in Fareham, it's 2 bedroom with a garden, conservatory and a garage. Get the keys on the 10th of March......we are all excited. It's also got a greenhouse so should be plenty of salad stuff spare in the summer. Luke has got his driving test on the 17th of March hopefully he will pass. Today I am being Claude Balls (the French hairdresser) and dyeing Stephs hair. Watching football tonight it's Pompey v Stoke, so a draw would be nice. Tomorrow out for lunch with Amy and Matt to check out a possible wedding venue. Think that's all the news for now. Take care and enjoy New Zealand. Lots of love Dad and Babs xxxx
7th March 2010

hello thankyou for lillys postcard we recieved it on friday........ hope that you both are well looking forward to the next instalment of photos..del has a lot of work at the moment from the checkatrade site which he is really pleased with.. lilly is busy as ever,changing by the minuete which is scary because she is like a little women now.any one would think that she is the mum.take care.x

Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb