Lake Tekapo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Tekapo
February 26th 2009
Published: March 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I slept in the tent again last night and i was warm! I have found a new trick, i use my towel as a blanket under my sleeping bag! We could hear all the rabbits running around too!
Today’s weather was meant to be showers but it was another nice day. We left at 9.30 am to do a walk through the woods up to the Observatory then down the hill along the Lake. The views of the Lake were really nice, a lovely deep blue colour. They say when the sun shines on it it goes turquoise but the other lake was more impressive! The walk was about 2 hours long so we drove to Christchurch earlier than we had thought. The good thing was we could pop back into the Mitre 10 to sort out our tent as this was where we had bought it.
We decided to go to another campsite in Christchurch to save $4 - every little helps! It is called the Riccarton Holiday Park.
It’s not the nicest place we have been to but it was clean and tidy! As we walked into the kitchen to cook dinner we got asked if we wanted a beer! Two Americans, Alex and Whitney, they were also talking to another couple, German, Stephanie and Patrick. We sat and had dinner with them and shared some drinks. Then we got chatting to an older couple behind us, they were Dutch and had been travelling the world by boat for 4 years! And they were only half way round!!! What a life!
Later another couple walked in and were offered a beer too, they were also German, called Kirsten and Andreas. They were having a year out from teaching, had got married just before coming out so this was their honey moon.
Everyone was so nice, we got thrown out of the kitchen at 10.30pm so we all moved to the lounge area until we were kicked out of there too at 12.30pm! But it was a great evening!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Alex and WhitneyAlex and Whitney
Alex and Whitney

The American couple


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb