Marlborough Region


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Kaikoura
April 9th 2010
Published: April 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Marlborough RegionMarlborough RegionMarlborough Region

View of vineyards
Hi everyone just to update we have been in the Marlborough Region we visited Kiakoura where we wanted to do a whale watch but the weather was bad so we had to wait a few days,in the hope it would improve. We have visited the wine regions in Marlborough which is well known for sauvignon blanc a white wine, Juiles favourite wine!!!!!! this area produces very good wine because it has hot days and cold nights we have been quite lucky with the weather in this area.We went wine tasting and had a tour of a vineyard.
We have also visited the Marlborough Sounds which is similar to Milford Sounds, Marlborough Sounds are a crazed geographic omellette of inlets, headlands, peaks and beaches, formed from the sea flooding into deep valleys after the last ice age. The roads are crazy to drive making you feel very sick tablets on hand for Julie, a lot of the beaches are private access only but some areas are open to the public We would not like to visit here in peak season,infact we have been lucky coming now apart from the weather because we have missed the hoards of tourists.
Today we have travelled
Marlborough SoundsMarlborough SoundsMarlborough Sounds

View of the Sounds
from Marlborough Sounds back to Kiakoura to do the whale watch which we were lucky, the weather was brilliant we saw a Sperm Whale twice laying on the surface of the sea and spraying water and then finally arch and dive back into the sea. We have seen Dusky Dolphins and unbelivable amount playing and somersaulting.The wild life is fantastic here unlike South East Asia.
We are heading to Picton maybe tomorrow to catch the ferry to the North Island, we have not been to home sick, Julie has missed her boys and Meg very much but will be back home in 11 days, and her adventure has to end.SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Marlborough KiakouraMarlborough Kiakoura
Marlborough Kiakoura

Tiaka the Sperm Whale just about to dive down
Marlborough KiakouraMarlborough Kiakoura
Marlborough Kiakoura

Tiaka spraying water, resting on the surface, check out the awesome mountains.
Marlboruogh KiakouraMarlboruogh Kiakoura
Marlboruogh Kiakoura

Kiakoura where the mountains come right down to the sea.


9th April 2010

Awesome mountains - don't you just want to climb them?

Tot: 0.405s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb