Not so happy Jan!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Hanmer Springs
April 2nd 2014
Published: April 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We have had an exciting two days to say the least. It all started yesterday with us getting ripped off by the taxi driver in Auckland. We got over that saga and picked up our campervan. What we thought we were going to get and what we got were quite different but we are very happy - see photos. Just when everything was going along beautifully and we were getting closer to our final destination for the day, bang! This dirty great bird flew into us and hit the drivers side mirror and broke the whole thing off. As it was electrically powered we had to cut the wires to be able to continue our journey. Lucky we put in the multi tool at the last minute! We rang the rental company at the next stop and instead of taking the long way to Christchurch we are taking the short way.



We caught the ferry in Wellington and travelled to the South Island. It was such a beautiful trip. Pete and I even had a cat nap as we were both exhausted after the previous days adventures. Anyway we decided to do a bit of a detour and we have ended up at Hanmer Springs tonight. We have just got back from a couple of hours soak in the thermal pools. It has been a bit of a memory lane day for me. The places we went through today were the same as I had driven with my mum in 2005.



Peter is doing a fantastic job driving our mansion on wheels without his mirror. We will see what tomorrow will bring!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



2nd April 2014

Hopefully things start to get better.
2nd April 2014

Not Happy Jan
Isnt Pete cold in his shorts? Hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly
2nd April 2014

Hopefully that is the bad luck out of the way
Hi Louise, I am really enjoying reading the blog about your trip. The trip to the South Island from the North Island on the ferry is wonderful. Hopefully that is all the bad luck out of the way and it is smooth sailing for the rest of the trip. Have fun! Carol

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb