Greymouth - Monteiths Brewery Tour


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Greymouth
June 7th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, off across to the other coast...The Wild West as everyone calls it. Bit of a long journey over, but again, lots of stops to watch seals, go for walks, so it breaks the journey up well!

We were treated to hours of great views, and arrived in Greymouth early evening. Just a quick stop over here, not much to do apart from the Monteith's Brewery tour! So we checked in, and quite a few of us headed over.

It was only a tenner, and you got the full tour which was ok, but the tastings were great! 7 different ales on tap, and you got to try the lot. Some crackers, but all served too cold!! After that we got to pour ourselves a glass of our favourite, i went for the stout! Then, as we had more time, we got to pour another! Plus, if you hang around the girls who went on the tour, you soon get their glasses too as they don't like beer, superb! Then as part of the tour, you get taken to another boozer where you are given an all you can eat BBQ, and a free pint on Monteiths, which turned into 2 free pints, so well worth a tenner!

We ended up staying in the pub for a good while, got playing pool with a local and his mate, who thought they were a bit tasty so challenged us to a few games of doubles for beer! Idiots, they obviously hadn't heard of the Jordan / Green Pool sharks that've been hustlin' round Asia & Aus. Thrashed 'em!

And that was pretty much it for Greymouth, off to Franz Josef the next day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

WOW!!WOW!!
WOW!!

The main draw of the sleepy little town


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb