Australia Day weekend @ the Gold Coast and first days in NZ


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
February 5th 2008
Published: February 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

5/2/08

Hey all,

Last blog was written right before we left Sydney to the Gold Coast. We got a ride from a friend of ours from my work in the Gold Coast who just happened to be in Sydney and on his way back to home. On the way we stopped in Byron Bay but otherwise it was a pretty straight forward drive from Sydney.

In Gold Coast we met all of our friends including part of the family Mitchell! We were so happy to meet up with him just this once more before we left Oz. And boy did we have fun in our last days there! It just happened to be Australia Day weekend and let me the one to tell you people outside of Oz, These people over here know how to party their DAY!

We went out to Swingin safari, we had a houseparty, we went out barefoot bowling and partied a bit afterwards again 😊 And finally what we hadnt done the previous time in Gold Coast, we went to the hinterland and saw some waterfalls and rainforest.

We'll let the photos speak more of our time there.

We then flew to Melbourne for a day. Spent the time there wondering how cold it is compared to the Queensland weather. We also went into ACMI a museum for moving images... Let's just say it was quite different. Then we had a good meal in Hungry Jacks and in Lord of the Fries and had a beer before going to sleep for the last time in Oz.

The flight to NZ was quick but not as easy as it could be... We had a bit trouble checking into our plane, cause our tickets were E-tickets and we had camping gear and bla bla bla... Then in Dunedin, NZ, they actually washed our tent before letting us into the country. Funny we thought... We've spent most of our time here just planning what to do in NZ..

Well, now we know, kind of, what we are doing. We bought a car today and that'll be our transport to Auckland. Cool hey?! We are going to celebrate Waitangi day today and tomorrow we will start our roadtrip to Auckland with our first stop being in Te Anau close to Milford Sound which are supposedly pretty fjordlands 😊

C ya soon!

Jani & Carolina


*Update* 9/2/08

Due to crappy computers here in NZ, we arent able to put photos on this blog as of yet. We'll update this as quickly as we can.... We are alive and well and currently in Queenstown. Jani is about to jump a bungy from a bridge nearby in the next 2hours 😊




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb