Big Beryl


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 15th 2006
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi all.
Very quick blog to let you all know that we arrived here in Christchurch safe and sound, despite Shaz being very worried about flying on the 13th after we encountered all those number 13s a number of weeks back.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
We've found a campervan. YAY! She's called Big Beryl (Shaz chose this but Alan keeps referring to it as Big Brenda) and she's a 'home made job' on the back of a truck. We love her, but won't be able to pick her up until we transfer funds to the owner. In the meantime, while we wait for the wonderous RBS World fund transfer dept to work their magic, we are going up to Nelson to do an introductory 3 day sailing course. Alan is practically peeing himself with excitement. (He'll kill me for saying that - Shaz). We leave for Nelson on Friday morning, so tomorrow we'll have a whole lovely day in Christchurch. It's very nice here. Like Little Britain, in a 'more English than England' sort of way. And there is a flower festival on at the moment which will make for some smashing photos (we hope).

So - what do you think of gorgeous Beryl then?

Toodle pip,
Al & Shaz. xx

PS: So far we're lucky - no sand fly bites. We heard rumour that taking vitamin B12 helps prevent them attacking so we are off to the health food store in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Shaz in ''bedroom no 2'' ...Shaz in ''bedroom no 2'' ...
Shaz in ''bedroom no 2'' ...

..with the kitchen area in the foreground.
Beryl's faceBeryl's face
Beryl's face

She's a mean machine. There'll be no messing with those bull bars!
Alan shows off the kitchen area.Alan shows off the kitchen area.
Alan shows off the kitchen area.

From here you can see our cute little fridge to the left, and the sink and two ring hob are above on the right. The wooden slats immediately to the left nearest you are the stairs up to bedroom no 2. To the immediate right is the storage cupboard / wardrobe. The guy who owned her before did a great job and the finishing is very neat and shiny. Beryl is exceptionally clean.
Beryl & AlanBeryl & Alan
Beryl & Alan

What a lovely couple they make!
Beryl's side...Beryl's side...
Beryl's side...

..taken from inside the garage where she lives at the moment. She's basically a lorry with a hut on top. Note her fabtastic 'retro' paint job. red, black & white - go girl!!!


15th February 2006

vegemite on your bites
I was doing some research for you and if you do get bitten by sand fly's then rub the bite with vegemite. The vitamin B complex in it stops the itch. Taking vitamin B12 will make your pee turn yellow. Good sources of Vitamin B12 are meat,liver, fish, eggs and dairy products. The vitamin b12 will be better absorbed by the body than tablets so get eating!!!
26th February 2006

She looks great
Beryl can stay over - not so sure about the other two folk in the photo,s! Right colours for the Local Rugby Team here in the Wikato - but no yellow pee please ?

Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 103; dbt: 0.1381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb