Omaru and Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
January 30th 2006
Published: February 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Russell, Janis and LesleyRussell, Janis and LesleyRussell, Janis and Lesley

Lunch with our new friends from the MacKenzie Muster in Omaru.

Omaru and the penguins



We caught the scenic train out of Dunedin up to Palmerston from where we had a lovely ride through Trotters Gorge and along the Beach Road to Oamaru. We stayed with Janis and Russell whom we had met at the MacKenzie Muster for one night during which we were taken out to see the little blue penguins come home to feed their babies. Lesley was so happy and mesmerised by the sight. Michael's sister Margaret should have been with us as she is silly about penguins.

We did not bother going north along the plain so we caught the bus to Christchurch staying with a Servas couple. We were their very first Servas guest so we taught them what to do and how to look after people 😊.

The weekend prospects were sun and more sun so we headed out to Rolleston to Pineglades Sun Club where we were made very welcome indeed. Met some lovely people including a Canadian couple who spend every winter/summer there. An idea to contemplate.

Back into town where we enjoyed the Buskers Festival and off across the alps by train. Amazing!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb