Day 6: Invercargill - Bluff


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Bluff
March 19th 2011
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bluff OystersBluff OystersBluff Oysters

These were divine!
Day 6 – Saturday the 19th of March

It’s official. We have been married a week today, doesn’t time just fly by.

Sorry we also know we’ve been a little slow putting up the blogs.....we’ve been VERY busy. Doing things one does on their honeymoon :-)

We’re in Invergargill and decided to have a nice lazy day. We checked out the town. It’s definitely not the shit hole people call it. It’s actually quite a quaint little town with some quite remarkable old buildings along the main street.
Then it was off to Bluff! We stayed in the only campsite there which was a honesty box system, the first one of those we’d come across. There was only us and one other camper there.

We went down to apparently the most southern point of the South island and got a few pics before the rain set it. Then we walked along to “Drunken Sailer” a cafe/bar. It had a very RSA type feel to it but the staff were great. We were greeted by the premises Cat who had very kindly arranged for a dead mouse to welcome us aswell. The food was surprisingly good. Matt, after his new found love had the Blue Cod and I had...wait for it......a dozen fresh Bluff Oysters still in there shell. This was a new experience for me as the bluff oysters I have ever had come in a round plastic container from the supermarket. The shells are actually round not like rock oyster shells and huge this season. They were sooooooo good. Can now officially say I have had Bluff Oysters in Bluff.

The rest of the day was spent lazing about. Was the perfect way to spend a Saturday!

Tomorrow is Mr Rings prediction for the next earthquake....luckily we will be in Stewart Island pretty much as far away as we can be so Mummy’s you can rest assured!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The Drunken SailorThe Drunken Sailor
The Drunken Sailor

Stopped and had lunch here!


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb