Windy Welly


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
February 7th 2006
Published: February 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Janet and I have been in Wellington since the night of the 5th. Upon our arrival we saw the aftermath of the International Rugby Sevens Tournament that had taken place on Friday and Saturday, which is more of a party (at least for the fans) then it is a tournament. On Sunday we wandered around looking for a place to eat and decided to dine at a restaurant called Strawberry Fare--good dinner, excellent dessert. Yesterday was Waitangi day which is a day to celebrate the signing of the treaty of Waitangi a treaty that offically made New Zealand a part of the British Empire. We wandered around the town, spent some time in Te Paupa (the National Museum), had a fabulous dessert at Strawberry Fare (yes, we went there again). Today has been rather busy, but relaxed at the same time . . . we got a lot done in a short amount of time. After breakfast we rode the cable car to the carter observatory and watched a show in the planetarium about the southern stars, walked around the botanical gardens, visited parliment, and had a couple of beers--all of this before three! For the rest of the afternoon we are thinking about going to see a movie . . . who knows . . . Anyway, hope everyone is still doing well, we head to the South Island tomorrow.

Advertisement



11th February 2006

Element sucks!
Hey sounds like you guys are having an awesome time! Out trip was real fun - sorry didn't write you back but lost reception in Abel Tasman. Element and toast in general suck! That was a rude shock to teh system to go back there after our awesome vacation! Can't wait to see you again!!!! got my placement - its in the youth justice system - should be pretty cool I'm real excited. Kevin says hi! talk soon love ally

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb