Holiday


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
July 16th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Tom's journey to work 102 secs
2: Holiday Rotorua and Taupo July '08 59 secs
Hi everyone,


It's been a while since we blogged you about our life in New Zealand, so we felt an update is what some of you may have wished for.

Work is going very well with both of us in full time jobs. Becca is still working for the boutique shop in town, and I am teaching a year two class in a lovely catholic school just outside of Wellington until the end of the year. After much confusion and stress regarding our return flights, we have booked our return journey and arrive in the UK very shortly before Christmas.

We have just spent the last few days up north playing in the mountain snow and indulging in natural spas in Rotorua. The sleepy towns of Taupo and Rotorua are quite quiet but all the same nice to spend some time exploring. The Polynesian thermal spa in Rotorua was really special, with fab views of the lake and bird sanctuary. We visited at dusk so we could enjoy the sunset. The sulphur odour that Rotorua is famous for got a little too much at times.

Becca was deserate to play in the snow and so we ventured up to mount Ruapehu on our final day. Crisp air and a cloudless sky met us at the base of the mountain - and appx three thousand skiers A busy picture but really lovely to see so many families enjoying the ski slopes. I have to admit to being very jealous of all the activity. Becca suggested we did a bit of sledging so we felt we weren't missing out on the oportunity to have some fun. We metamorphisised our jackets into super speedy sledges and hit the slopes. I think the video says it all.

If any of you have any gifts or cards that you feel like sending out to us, then don't hesitate. The only mail we get in NZ is BLOODY bills.

Missing friends and family soooo much.


Tom and Becca


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb