Hot Water Beach & Waitomo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Waitomo Caves
September 7th 2012
Published: September 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrive at our hostel at Hot Water Beach and we went straight down to the beach where you can dig yourself a hole in the sand at low tide and you'll find the water to be really hot. Unfortunately the tide wasn't low enough and not even a whole bus of us could find a good spot where the water was hot enough. And if we did, the waves just destroyed our efforts. Oh well, worth a try. We then went for a scenic walk and discovered the picturesque cathederal cove. That night we made lots of noise in the kitchen in the hostel and played drinking games until we were told to leave. Standard.
After Hot Water Beach was Waitomo. This is where we went on a caving adventure which consisted of abseiling vertically down into a very narrow dark cave, ziplining across in complete darkness and innertubing in the freezing cold cave water to see some glow worms. We then navigated our way through the caves on foot and climbed up 2 dangerous fast flowing waterfalls back out into the open. This was by far the best thing we've all done yet.
Extremely fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb