The most boring place on earth


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » East Coast
April 24th 2006
Published: May 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in Gisborne was like arriving in any other place, you just don’t know what to expect. When we arrived at the hostel we knew it was going to be one of those days. The hostel used to be an orphanage and looked like a very dated hospital. Long corridors and very dated furniture. Not to worry we said we will spend most of the time out of the hostel. That was until we realised that there was nothing to do in Gisborne. The town has three types of shops, charity shops, shops that are having closing down sales and then shops that are already closed. I counted 28 closed shops in the city centre alone. The whole place just needed to be nuked.
Needless to say the very next morning we were on our way out of Gisborne.

The place is so boring that this website doesn’t even have it listed as a place in New Zealand.


Advertisement



25th May 2006

yeah it's boring
yes, it is very boring indeed. the only good thing i could think of is walking on the beach. nice beach, i think that's the only attractive thing in gisborne, coz gisborne is so so damn boring, another suicide capital of new zealand (after palmerston north)

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb