Opotiki Beach


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » East Coast » Opotiki
December 3rd 2002
Published: December 3rd 2002
Edit Blog Post

Stayed at Steve’s Beachhouse Backpackers. The Beachhouse Backpackers is about 2 miles out of the small town of Opotiki, Steve had in his time travelled the world from his home in Auckland, returned after 5 years and asked where the best climate in New Zealand could be found - the east cape. The weather for me was good, and I enjoyed a walk along the beach, a wander through the town and relaxed for the evening.

The Budget Backpacker Hostels network or the BBH is a group of independent hostels that are rated and listed in a book. Holding a BBH card entitles the bearer to a guaranteed price, in my experience the hostels that are members of this group tend to be the smaller, friendlier hostels. I purchased a card and set about saving a few bucks a night to cover the cost. The Beachhouse Backpackers and the Lions Den are both members and two of the nicest hostels I have stayed in.

Cooked mussels for the first time, steam or boil them in shallow water until the shells open. If the shells don’t open then don’t eat them. Easy, wasn’t ill the next day so must have done it
Opotiki BeachOpotiki BeachOpotiki Beach

From Rhys at [url=http://www.opotiki.com/]opotiki.com[/url]
right. The supermarkets in New Zealand sell mussels for $3.25 per kilo, more than enough for a meal.

Another quite evening, reading and chatting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb