And we're back home...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Tauranga
February 17th 2004
Published: February 17th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Group huuuugGroup huuuugGroup huuuug

Some peepz who stayed @ Just the Ducks Nuts in Tauranga!
in Tauranga again! ...sorry mumz, fooled u with that title didn't we, haha only joking!:o)

We finished Mandarine Thinning about 3 weeks ago and decided to come back to Just the Ducks Nuts in Tauranga again!

We were intending to go Apple picking on the east coast in Hastings which is in Hawkes Bay, but after working in the sun in Pukenui all day we decided against it, it's supposed to be hotter in Hastings so if we just about managed in Pukenui, we'd hate to think how it would go there!

So, since we've been back here we have done some Tomato picking and pruning, which was interesting to say the least, it was in a hot house, which is a green house with tempretures over 30c all day!! ... we started work at 7.30am and by 10am it would already be over 25c, then by lunch time we would be sweating so much that it would be like a constant river flowing down our backs! ... we would finish at 3.30pm which was cool as we could get home before all the other backpackers and get first call on the showers!

We also did some
Rainforest...Rainforest...Rainforest...

in a tub ... good use of the tub to make sure us backpackers can't waste any water and use the shower instead!
concreting for a farmer building a new duck shed! It was fecking hard work, as they wanted to build concrete slopes which meant we had to rake the concrete towards us, which if you have done any concreting you'll know is hard work, man it kills your shoulders and back, well it does if your city folk with no experience!;o) ... but it was all fun as we would work for 3-4 hours and have 2 hours lunch as the owners would like a good chat about life in England etc, so that was kool!

So, here we are now, back at the Kiwi pruning and thinning which is going on for a few more weeks then the fun work of picking the Kiwi fruit will kick in, well all the locals are saying it'll be fun, but after some of our experiences we're not taking there word for it!!:o)

We will be picking the Kiwi fruit from 8am to 5pm Mon to Sun and then working in the packhouse packing the Kiwi fruit from 6.30pm to 10.30pm Mon to Fri, which will mean we will be putting in some long hours to say the least! But it's
Mmmmmm, foooood...Mmmmmm, foooood...Mmmmmm, foooood...

One of many FREE bar b ques @ Just the Ducks Nutz!
all working towards saving some money to go to Australia in June/July sometime, not sure exactly when we'll be going but, sometime around then! ... oh yes, sorry folks, we have decided to go straight to OZ from here, no surprise visits, sorry!!

It's been fun the last few weeks as we have been looking afte the hostel for the owners whilst they take a break. So we've been working for our accomadation and a bit of money too, and it's been really kool, not much to it really, but the experience will help towards possibly getting the job fulltime next year if their expansion plans get the go ahead, but we'll see!

Anyway, thats that for now!

Off to sun ourselves at the beach ... thinking of you all as always!;o)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb