Plan 'A' Plan "B"


Advertisement
Published: January 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Skytower AucklandSkytower AucklandSkytower Auckland

Venue for Brunch
Well it's my turn to write, over to you Charl to check the spelling.
I'm going to start by saying what a terrific trip we had to the Orbit restaurant at the top of Sky Tower, great food, relaxed atmosphere and the views all across the city as the restaurant revolved were fantastic.
The evening was also rather special as we were lucky enough to be in Ackland on their Anniversary holiday week-end, and there was a magnificent firework display across the harbour.

We started out on Monday to travel around the Coromandal Peninsula, needless to say we were up packed and on the road by 9o'clock. The plan was to travel up the scenic coast and across to Cathedral Cove and hot water beach,where the thermal waters brew just below the sand and you can dig your own natural spa pools in the sand.Travelling up the coast we reached a sign saying road closed due to landslide therefore the only way to reach these places involved a 4 hour drive.

We abhorted plan 'A', so onto plan "B", the only problem was we hadn't got a plan "B", so out came the map and we decided to tavel to Taurange via Kahangahake Gorge. We walked the Gorge over wooden swing bridges to the Owharoa Falls which was worth the very long walk. on the return walk we decided to walk through a dissused railway tunnel which is 1km long and a part of the trail. The problem here was that we didn't have the required torch and the whole experience really freaked me out, only to reach the end 20 minutes later to find we had to return the same way. John has never had his hand held so tight for so long.

We are now in Tauranga and are planning to walk up Mount Maunganui before travelling to Rotorua tomorrow.



Advertisement



2nd February 2011

Just spotted the Buddha - More pics please !!

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb