Day 18 (28 July) Don's birthday


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
July 28th 2014
Published: July 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We started the day with the usual tradition of doing the washing on Don's birthday. We went down to breakfast and I noticed for the first time that the IBM building which is next door to the hotel has an entrance to its conference centre on the premises. It reminded me of the Sonesta hotel in Boston. Poor Don can't escape IBM.

Caroline decided that she wanted to spend some mummy and daughter time together so Don walked me down to the bookstore on Queen Street where we were meeting Caroline. We all arrived together. Don went off and we started our shopping expedition having a coffee. Then down to the serious job of shopping. Caroline needed clothes. So we walked from store to store and eventually she bought two pairs of trousers, two pairs of leggings and a jumper. Then it was time for lunch at yet another veggie place. It is amazing how many veggie places are only open lunch time! After lunch I walked back to the hotel and she went home. She and Gwenlli were coming back to the hotel for a farewell and birthday dinner.

The hotel has a restaurant which is renowned for
a celebratory dinnera celebratory dinnera celebratory dinner

Lesley, Don, Gwenlli, Caroline
its extensive vegan menu and separate cooking space. I had ordered a vegan birthday cake unbeknownst to Don.

Don and I had grilled salmon and the girls freaked out with excitement at the extensive vegan menu. The meal was wonderful but the service was particularly dire that night. We closed the restaurant at 9.30 pm. Don was not overly surprised by this cake because I sort of gave the game away. The girls came upstairs for tea and then Don took them back to their apartment.

Note: SCROLL DOWN to see additional picture(s) which did not fit within this text area.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0887s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb