Last day of a wonderful holiday


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
April 15th 2014
Published: April 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Now we are on the last leg of our holiday. We are all packed and ready to go. Looking forward to getting home again to catch up with family and friends and return to our well loved recliner chairs!

We had a great day yesterday buying an all day transport pass we hopped from ferry to ferry. Our first stop was Devonport. We had tried to drive into there with David and Cheryl on Sunday but as there was too much traffic we decided to turn around and not go in. It is a pity as it was really the best part that I have seen of Auckland. We went for a great walk up the north head to see the remains of the gun battery that was there. The views were just fantastic. Then we walked across and up Mt Victoria, another extinct volcano. Very steep climb but very rewarding views. We then walked down the Main Street and had a well deserved lunch. Visited the chocolate factory and had a not so well deserved chocolate!

We caught the ferry back to Auckland and then took a couple more ferries to other destinations. We were fortunate enough to see one of the big cruise liners (Celebrity Solstice) leave the port while we were on one of the ferries. When we had completed our ferry tour we went for a walk along the Harbour Viaduct. We spotted a couple of our yachts there and then went and had dinner.

We have had a great holiday and hope you have enjoyed listening about it along the way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb