Another one bites the dust


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
August 21st 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Queenstown NZ skydive 2010 82 secs
Well that's it for New Zealand, i fly to Fiji tomorrow and i cant wait to hit the beach. Already given away my winter coat and boots and stocked up on suncream :0)

New Zealand has been amazing. Hopefully Ive successfully loaded the best part of my sky dive. If you look closely you can see me mouth "oh sh*t" as we leave the plane! I'm glad i did it, but also glad i never have to do it again!

In Christchurch we went to the Australia V's All Blacks rugby game. Despite being hit in the face with a bottle during a particularly excitable mexican wave, it was great, especially seeing a live version of the Haka.

We also tried our hand at Curling which is a lot harder than it looks. I needed a handicapped/old person leaver to get some extra power, it was a bit embarrassing! Wasn't a very good sweeper either, but i was proud of that.

Met up with my mate Andy and we hired a car for a special road trip to Dunedin. I think we got the last hire car on the lot. It was called a Gizzy and was a 1.3 automatic with a broken radio and temperamental central locking. Our entertainment was Ipod karaoke ( i sang a song and Andy had to guess what it was). I thought it was fun but apparently not.

Got to visit the Cadbury's factory which was amazing especially as Andy had to wear a hair net for his beard! ha ha. Plenty of beautiful scenery along the way including loads of baby lambs and a quick stop at a cheese factory. Also walked up the steepest residential street in the world.

Headed back to Queenstown for the sky dive and enjoyed a famous Furgburger Cheeseburger. Callum managed to eat 3 which was bit excessive and not at all good for those abs! There have been a few pub crawls, one involving a mechanical bull after lethal drinks called the Money Shot or teapot cocktails.

We also took a cruise around Doubtful Sound and saw blue penguins, seals and more dolphins. The most beautiful place we visited was a little church in Tekapo, you can see it in the first photo where I'm jumping. Picture 15 is the view from the alter over the lake and mountains. Pretty spectacular.

Anyway, I'm off to buy some flip flops and throw away more jumpers, yippee!



Additional photos below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th August 2010

Another one bites the dust
Wow, Alice-- I feel exhausted looking at all those action photos!!! Well done, you! I imagine Fiji will be more restful-- enjoy-- but watch out for the kava!(Sp?) New Zealand looks very beautiful and is still on my hot list-- maybe one day...........! Have fun Pxxx
2nd September 2010

Photo 33
Photo 33 - the minstrels didn't have enough make up to go on stage but remined upbeat
2nd September 2010

photo 32
photo 32 - alice intended to get her revenge on her evil hostel manager by painting her room with her own turd
2nd September 2010

Photo 78
Peter Kay the pirate

Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb